Saturday, May 14, 2011

Featured Artist - Martha Keith

Martha McLeod Keith began metalsmithing in 1993 in James Madison University's Metal & Jewelry Program where she knew instantly she'd discovered a passion. Her metals education and experience has continued through workshops at places like Penland School of Crafts and Revere Academy of Jewelry Arts, and through employment goldsmithing and blacksmithing. Today the full-time studio jeweler makes one of a kind and limited edition pieces that are sold in galleries and by commission. Her award winning pieces are exhibited nationally. O n w a t e r . . ."Growing up by the Rappahannock River where it flows into the Chesapeake Bay, water had a huge impact on my life. Today, I relate life's fluidity to that of water. My work embodies a spirit of that smooth flow that I relish. I design and create all of my jewelry in my studio in Charlottesville, Virginia."

No comments: