Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Featured Artist: Nancy Hopkins

The fabulous Ms. Nancy Hopkins! Another of the talented vendors who will be part of the Holiday 2011 Craftacular!! The show this year is on the weekend of December 10th & 11th and will be a festive mix of spectacular people, amazingly creative art, and tasty food! Come enjoy with us!
Dabney_110809_2196Nancy Hopkins Image 2
Nancy Hopkins
Silver Muse Studio
www.silvermusestudio.com
My name is Nancy and I'm the sole owner, jewelry designer and maker at Silver Muse Studio. I am the mother of two active boys - ages 7 and 19. Because of their age difference, it is like having two only children. They keep me busy in their own ways. Making jewelry is a great creative outlet for me and helps keep me sane!
Ever since I was a little girl, I have enjoyed making things - whether it was a poster for a school project or jewelry out of brightly colored telephone wires my father brought home one night. I used to love to watch my father use his power tools in his workshop. I was amazed at what he could create with his hands and few tools. Today, I really look forward to going to my studio and using my own power tools to create wonderful jewelry. Using my hands to create something has always been a great stress reliever for me. I also love hanging out with my three studiomates who keep me inspired and motivated. Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who is supportive of my creative endeavors.

Each piece I make is special to me, and hopefully special to you too. There is a part of my heart and soul in each piece.Discovery Sterling and Pearl NecklaceCopper beads on a curly earwire - handmade

No comments: